- About/Contact Us
Recent blog posts
- Why Attend? PBR Chosen as Best Regatta!
- Check out this video of the Event!
- Billy Black Photos Available!
- Fireworks Video from Lyman-Morse's Opening NIght Dinner!
- Keeping it Local
- Registration Open For Penobscot Bay Rendezvous! Sign up Today!
- Tents, Caterers, Fireworks and Band Booked for PBR!
- US Harbors Gives Thumbs Up to Penobscot Bay Rendezvous
- Letting the Cat Out of the Bag
Ben Ellison to Lead PBR Power Boat Fleet!
Ben Ellison has signed up as the Power Boat Fleet Guide for the 2012 Penobscot Bay Rendezvous August 16-19, and will be the go-to-guy for the weekend’s powerboat owners and guests while accompanying the fleet aboard his Duffy 37 Gizmo. Ben has sailed and motored the coast of Maine for forty years, often as a navigation instructor or as a photo journalist. He taught at Hurricane Outward Bound School, the Artisan College, and at the WoodenBoat School, which he also directed. His cruising column "Gunkholing with Gizmo" (available online here) has run in Maine Boats, Homes & Harbors since 1999, and he's been a regular contributor to national magazines like Yachting and Cruising World. In recent years Ben has specialized in testing and writing about marine electronics and is the editor/owner of Panbo.com, the award-winning blog on that complicated subject. Thus one distinction of Gizmo is four different radar systems as well as side and forward looking sonar great for exploring! Ben is excited about sharing the Penobscot Bay he loves with fellow boaters and is designing some Photo Pursuit courses that will hopefully be inspiring and fun. What is a Photo Pursuit you ask? Go to http://www.penobscotbayrendezvous.com/page/what-photo-pursuit Don’t Miss This Party! Register Today for the Penobscot Bay Rendezvous! http://www.penobscotbayrendezvous.com/How-to-register